BT Convention Centre opened in April 2008. In its first year alone, it hosted more than 200 events, welcomed 71,000 delegates and saw conferences and events from the British Council of Shopping Centres Annual Conference to the Association of Teachers and Lecturers.
Since Opening, the BT Convention Centre has been awarded the ‘Excellence in Business Tourism’ and Sustainable Tourism’ at the NWDA regional tourism awards, it has also won ‘Best Sustainable Venue' in the C&IT Hotlist awards 2010 and recently picked up the ‘Best Event Team’ at the Eventia Awards.
The flexibility of our facilities makes the BT Convention Centre a unique setting for conferences. The impressive main auditorium comfortably seats 1350 delegates; two seating drums – unique in England –revolve to divide this space into three separate, self-contained spaces of 250 (x2) and 850 seats.
The complex also houses 18 breakout rooms containing top-of-the-range technology, with capacities ranging from ten to 500. Each room is equipped with the latest telecommunications and data network, cabling infrastructure, wireless LAN, digital audio visual facilities and acoustic panels on the walls for excellent sound clarity. Banqueting functions and exhibitions are easily accommodated in our versatile Multi-Purpose Hall (3725m2, with space for 1800 dinner guests). This, combined with the Echo Arena, gives event organisers 7125m2 of exhibition space.
What's On at the BT Convention Centre?
By Road from the North
- Leave the M6 at junction 26 and follow signs for M58 Liverpool. Follow to end of M58 and then take signs for A59 Liverpool. Continue to follow Liverpool City Centre until picking up signs for the Waterfront. ACC Liverpool’s car park is signposted Waterfront on the city wide 'available spaces' signage.
By Road from the South
- Leave the M6 at junction 21A and take the M62 to Liverpool. At the end of the M62 follow signs for Liverpool City Centre along Edge Lane, picking up and following signs for Waterfront. ACC Liverpool’s car park is signposted Waterfront on the city wide 'available spaces' signage.
For all car journeys it's best to follow the white on brown tourist route signs for the Waterfront. These signs are visible on the major routes into the city. ACC Liverpool is situated on the Kings Dock directly adjacent to the south side of the Albert Dock. Upon arrival, the Kings Dock entrance is clearly sign posted.
- Just a short ride away by taxi or bus from Liverpool Lime Street station, ACC Liverpool is just over two hours from London via direct train services. Regional and local rail connections bring us within easy reach of the North West and nearby regions. James St station and Liverpool Central station are also within walking distance.
- Many bus routes serve the bus station at the Liverpool ONE retail development, just a five-minute walk from ACC Liverpool. For door-to-door service, we offer drop-off areas and dedicated coach parking.
The BT Convention Centre is fully accessible with lifts to each level.
- The Liverpool Waterfront Car Park is adjacent to ACC Liverpool and features 1,600 secure, covered spaces.
There are a number of secure, inexpensive car parking options available for visitors to ACC Liverpool. The Liverpool Waterfront Car Park is signposted “Waterfront” on the city-wide “available parking spaces” signage. They usually offer live updates as to the number of available spaces.
Monarchs Quay, Kings Dock, Liverpool Waterfront, L3 4FP
Fees operate on a sliding scale as follows:
£2 for up to 1 hour
£4 for up to 2 hours
£6 for up to 5 hours
£9 for up to 9 hours
£12 for up to 24 hours
There is a maximum 2.1m maximum vehicle height for Liverpool Waterfront Car Park.
Alternative car parking is available just five minutes’ walk away, with 3,000 spaces spread across three separate sites. Many car parks are secure and open 24 hours.
Food & Drink
- The Galleria is where you will find our much loved 1207 Coffee bar, serviced by in-house caterers Centerplate and inspired by the year Liverpool burst into life. 1207 Coffee is a great place for you to take a break, grab a coffee and find a quiet spot to catch up with emails or stop for a chat with friends and colleagues. The coffee shop offers a range of hot and cold drinks in addition to delicious snacks including healthy options to keep you feeling satisfied throughout the day.
BT Convention Centre, Kings Dock, Liverpool Waterfront, L3 4FP