Space, The Universe and Everything
Space, The Universe and Everything is a light and sound show like no other. In just one night, travel through space, light and time - from the first step on the Moon to the edge of the Universe then back again, without leaving the inside of Liverpool Cathedral.
Become immersed in this new stunning installation as you walk through the architectural splendour of Liverpool Cathedral. Watch and listen as the Cathedral is transformed by sound and light art while you journey around the building.
The artistic collaboration that brought you Angel Wings, Luxmuralis, will employ multiple lights and sound displays which merge and link to create a spectacular internal sound and light show.
Sculptor Peter Walker and composer David Harper make up the award-winning team behind Luxmuralis.
Who are Luxmuralis?
Sculptor Peter Walker and composer David Harper make up this award-winning artistic collaboration. Luxmuralis produces large-scale light and sound shows many of which are known as a Son et Lumiere. Previously Luxmuralis has produced Angel Wings for Liverpool Cathedral.
Visit the Angel Wings website here.
Tickets & Entry
- Tickets are sold at 15 minutes intervals.
- You can join the queue no earlier than 15 minutes before your show entry time at the entry gate on your ticket.
- We will not permit early entry to shows. If you are late, we will try to accommodate you but this depends on building capacity and is at our discretion.
- Tickets must be bought in advance. You will not be able to purchase tickets on the door.
- You must book a ticket for everyone in your group. Children under 3 are free but you must book a FREE ticket to count towards capacity.
- Please leave ample time to travel, walk or use public transport if you can.
- During the evening of the shows, we will have limited onsite parking for Blue Badge holders only, on a first-come, first-served basis at £6 per car (cash only). Use the entrance via St James Road, from Upper Parliament Street. You’ll find alternative parking suggestions on the Cathedral ‘How to Find Us’ webpage.
- The show drop-off and turn facility is via Cathedral Gate, from Upper Duke Street. There is no ‘waiting’ in this area.
- The entrance queue is outside the building. Please dress appropriately as you may have to queue. We will not cancel the show in poor weather conditions.
What to expect
- We anticipate the experience taking around 40 minutes, but you can enjoy the show at your own pace.
The show includes loud sounds, music, moving and flashing images throughout, as well as bright lights and areas of darkness.
- During our sensory processing show, the music volume will be reduced.
- The experience is entirely inside, walking around the building using a one-way route.
- Once you have left the Cathedral you will not be readmitted.
- Toilet facilities are provided inside the Cathedral.
You will be able to buy hot and cold refreshments using cash or contactless from catering outlets outside the Cathedral, near the entrance to the show. Our catering provision may vary depending on the weather. The outlets will close once the last person has entered the installation.
- Our Cathedral Shop and Welsford Bistro will be closed during the shows.
- You are encouraged to wear a face covering while you in our building to help keep our staff, volunteers and other visitors safe.
- Hand sanitiser will be available and a one-way system will be in place
- Liverpool Cathedral does not currently expect to implement the use of NHS Covid vaccination status. However, we reserve the right to change this based on government or public health advice.
- Please take photographs, we love to see them. We can’t allow tripods as they are tripping hazard.
Not all areas of the Cathedral are accessible for those with mobility issues or using prams as there are steps to negotiate. The accessible show route will be clearly signed.
- To enjoy the full show experience, you’re advised to leave prams at home.